Fun Facts About Ms. Priegel
1. Mrs. Lawson and I are so excited to work side by side again in the 2nd Grade. We love to plan together and feed ideas off one another. Mrs. Lawson is one of Ms. Priegel's best friends too.
2. My family means the world to me! I would be lost without them! I am very close to my Dad, Craig. I have been known to be a "daddy's girl". I have two older brothers, Clint and Tyler. They are fantastic and very supportive of their little sister. Unfortunately, I lost my mother, Linda, On November 4, 2013 after she battled colon cancer for 110 days. I miss her terribly. Your students will hear a lot about these clowns in my life who I am proud to call my family!
3. I love Pintrest! There is a solution for everything! I would like to consider myself creative and Pintrest fuels my creative juices.
4. Some of the other teachers at River Ridge may call me a "cat lady". I absolutely love cats! I am especially found of these two gems, Jnco and Levi! (You got it they are named after jean brands!) They are brothers who were born at Safe Haven Humane Society when I worked there. I instantly fell in love with these cuties. I'm sure your child will come home with some stories about these two fur-babies.
5. I grew up in Elizabeth and attended River Ridge K-12! I am happy to be back at River Ridge now as a teacher! A lot of the middle school and high school teachers had me as a student. I was Mrs. Reese's first Kindergarten class. If you ask my former teachers about me, they may tell you I was a chatter box! I now tell my students who are chatter boxes I know all of their secrets about talking to friends when they are supposed to be working, from one chatter box to another. :)
6. Number One on my bucket list was to ride an elephant!
7. No matter what restaurant I go to, 99% of the time I will order chicken strips.
8. My favorite book is "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. My Mom read it to me all the time growing up and we shared a special bond over the story. I will read it to your students at least once through the year. I also love the Pippi Longstocking books because they remind me of my Dad. I use to try to stuff one book inside the other and hope "he wouldn't notice" as he read them to me. My Dad was a good sport and sometimes went along with the idea, pretending he didn't know why the story wasn't making sense.
9. I love to go new places! My favorite place in the world (so far) was Ireland! I am happy I was given the experience to travel to Europe in 2009 with two of my best friends who are now married and have two little boys. I spend majority of my free time with them!
10. I LOVE MY CAREER! When I was 3 years old, I told my Mom and Dad I wanted to be a teacher. I have only ever said that I wanted to be a teacher. I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. I love kids. I love learning. I love educating. I love making a difference. I love my school. I love my coworkers. I love being a teacher.
Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat!
Dancing with Willy the Wildcat my senior year at RR at a Christmas themed boys basketball game!